Monday, June 22, 2020

About this blog

So I've decided to start a blog with the most imaginative name ever. Well the name was free and I kind of like it. It sums up quite well the way I do stuff. I couldn't come up with a proper name and I needed to tell some stuff so there you have it. I'm not sure why I wanted to start a blog especially now but here are some plausible reasons.

Thesis

One of the most obvious reasons is that I've recently finished writing my thesis and I'm stuck in some kind of writing mode. I want to write down and share stuff that I've come up with and stuff that I've created. There are two additional reasons. While writing my thesis I come up with lots of ideas about stuff I want to build and possibly share here. The other reason is that writing a thesis is very annoying because of the strict formatting rules, deadlines and requirement of sources. Writing a free form blog is a much nicer experience.

Sharing

As already mentioned above, I want to share some of the stuff that I come up with. Someone might even find useful the stuff that I'm going to write down. I guess I didn't start a blog earlier since I was afraid of making mistakes. Now I simply don't care anymore. There's always a possibility of making a mistake and there's always someone who is better at something. The idea is to learn from own mistakes and also learn from others. I personally often search internet for solutions to specific problems and also descriptions of finished and projects. These are the two things that I will try to provide in this blog. Hopefully.

Examples

I will try to add my projects to GitHub, share videos on YouTube and share schematics and PCBs on EasyEDA later on. Right now I'm not completely ready for it. Obviously sharing snippets of code and pictures is better than nothing, but sharing full projects would be also nice.

Benefits

I suppose one of the best things for now has been the fact that I'm able to organise and prioritise my projects a little bit better than before. This is simply because I want to finish writing a blog post so I need to finish the project to some sensible level. And obviously I can do them only one at a time. Perhaps starting to write a post before the project is finished might help me in that way (I think it already has).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Internet of Crosstrainers, part 2

Introduction As mentioned in the original post here , there were some issues in the described implementation. I had some difficulties to fin...